Sunday, October 10, 2010

"Eclipse" by Stephenie Meyer

RATING:  Thumps Up!
REVIEW:
     I always wondered why so many of my students beg to reserve the Twighlight books.  I had read the first one and found it okay.  I was definitely not impressed with the movie.  So when I had to read this book, I tried to put it off.  I just didn't want to!  So I listened to the CD instead. I must say it was not a disappointment like I thought it would be.  In fact, it was a a whole lot better than the movie.  The reader can connect with the characters better because Meyers allows the reader to bond with Bella.  You can empathize with her struggle to maintain relationships with Jacob (her friend) and Edward (her boyfriend).  This is definitely a love story mixed with danger and self discovery.
    Bella is an interesting character.  She is a young woman who is in love with her boyfriend vampire.  She is completely mesmerized by him and longs to be his vampire wife.  Yet, Edward doesn't want to change her. But whenever she is around Jacob she feels a closeness with him. Jacob definitely is in love with her.  In the midst of this love triangle, both men try to keep Bella alive because Victoria is out to kill her.  Victoria is another vampire who is seeking revenge because Edward killed her lover.  In the end, Victoria is killed and Bella remains Edwards girl.  

No comments:

Post a Comment