Sunday, October 31, 2010

"Captain Underpants and the Big Bad Battle of the Bionic Booger Boy" by Dav Pilkey

Rating:  Thumbs up!

Review: 

I was a little lost at first but then my son filled me in on what was happening as I read.  It is a good book for kids.  I think boys would especially like it because it is really gross.  Melvin, a nerd, turns himself into a big booger monster.  He becomes a star athlete because no one wants to go near him.  Yet, his boogeriness gets out of control! I can see why the kids would laugh when they read this series!  But at the same time I could understand why parents may be against it.  It is crude!  But hey if the kids like it and they are reading, why not?  There' s no vulgar language.  It's just plain gross humor! Now I have to read the next book!

No comments:

Post a Comment